Pullman Bi-Level Passenger Cars started their operation on the Flambeau 400 and the Peninsula 400 trains in 1958. At the time, these two 400 trains were the only ones using these then-new Bi-Level cars. In addition to the Bi-level coaches, these two 400 trains also included a special Bi-Level Parlor Car and a Coach-Buffet Car to distinguish the service level from regular Chicago & North Western commuter trains and meet the rider’s needs on the longer distance trips.
- Locomotive: Equipped with a mix of body and truck mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers.
- Locomotive: Directional Golden White LED headlights and prototypical blanked out number boards.
- Brand new tooling Bi-Level Cars, available in C&NW paint exclusively through this train set.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels with all-wheel electrical pickup.
- Ability to be lit with optional 11-211/212 Version 2 LED Interior lighting kits.
- Prototypical directional head and tail lights on the Cab-Coach.
- Elegant bookcase style packaging.
• EMD E8A Chicago & North Western #5022-A
• Pullman Bi-Level Coach-Buffet C&NW #903
• Pullman Bi-Level 4-Window Coach C&NW #700
• Pullman Bi-Level 4-Window Coach C&NW #705
• Pullman Bi-Level Coach-Parlor Car C&NW #6400
• Pullman Bi-Level Cab-Coach C&NW #154
• Specially designed bookcase packaging that holds all 6 cars and cars.
• Complete oval of track (12 3/8" radius)
• Grade crossing/rerailing track
• Storage Drawer for locomotives/accessories
• Kato Power Pack SX
Chicago & Northwestern (CNW)