Athearn Genesis 75707 – EMD SD70ACu Norfolk Southern (NS) 7257 – HO Scale
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
- Rebuilt from UP SD90MAC cores at the Juniata Locomotive facility
- Rebuilt units have added rear ditch lights per NS prototype
- Rebuilt units have 5-chime horn per prototype
- High headlight location per NS practice
- All selected road numbers have deck mounted ditchlight placement
- NS style PTC antenna array
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run
- DCC-ready features Quick Plug™ plug-and-play technology with 21-pin NEM connector
- Scaled from prototype resources including drawings, field measurements, photographs, and more
- Accurately-painted and –printed paint schemes; using railroad supplied paint chips for accuracy
- Coupler cut levers
- Flexible rubber MU hoses
- Flexible rubber trainline hose
- See-through cab windows
- Full cab interior
- Walkway tread
- Fine-scale Celcon handrails for scale appearance
- Windshield wipers
- Lift rings
- Wire grab irons
- Detailed fuel tank with fuel fillers, fuel gauges, & breather pipes
- Sander lines
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers – Kadee compatible
- Genesis driveline with 5-pole skew wound motor, precision machined flywheels, and multi-link drivetrain
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth & quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- LED lighting for realistic appearance
- Heavy die-cast frame for greater traction and more pulling power
- Packaging securely holds model for safe storage
SOUND EQUPPED MODELS ALSO FEATURE
- Onboard DCC decoder with SoundTraxx Tsunami2 sound
- Sound units operate in both DC and DCC
- Full DCC functions available when operated in DCC mode
- Engine, horn, and bell sounds work in DC
- All functions NMRA compatible in DCC mode
- Precision slow speed control
- Program a multiple unit (MU) lashup with lead unit only horn, bell, and lights
PROTOTYPE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In September of 2014, Norfolk Southern purchased 100 ex-Union Pacific SD90MAC locomotives from EMD/Progress Rail to assist in the high volume traffic that NS was experiencing. As AC traction was being more accepted by the railroad, which previously had relied solely on DC power, the 90MACs fit the new direction of motive power for the railroad.
Starting in 2016, NS began the SD70ACU capital rebuild program using the SD90MAC units as cores. All major components were either overhauled or replaced, including an overhaul of the 710G3C prime mover. Most notable in the rebuild is that from the electrical cabinet forward, all new components were used, including a new ACe style isolated cab with AAR-style control stand. The new electrical cabinet contains Mitsubishi electronics, replacing the 90MAC’s original Siemens equipment.
Later, starting in 2018, Canadian Pacific announced a plan to acquire 30 SD70ACU units from EMD/Progress Rail using their laid up fleet of SD90MAC locomotives as core units. That number was later increased from 30 to 60. They also acquired 2 ex-Union Pacific units, in 2019.
In September of 2019, CP unveiled two Heritage painted locomotives in the Tuscan and Grey paint schemes; one unit, 7010, using the Canadian Pacific script lettering and the other unit, 7015, utilizing the Roman font. CP has painted 10 units in this scheme, 5 with the script style lettering and 5 with the Roman style lettering.
In November of 2019, CP painted 5 SD70ACU’s into 5 separate military inspired paint schemes. These units commemorate the Army, Navy, Air Force and a special tribute locomotive for D-Day wearing camo and the Allied invasion stripes used on June 6, 1944.
All Canadian Pacific units have been completed in 2020 and can been found plying the rails of Canada and the US, with a few having even reached Mexico!
Athearn Genesis HO Scale
Road Name: Norfolk Southern (NS)
Road Number: 7257
Photo may not show actual road number. Please see description above for the road number.
|Dimensions||14 × 6 × 3 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.