Athearn 98477 – Ortner 5-Bay Rapid Discharge Hopper 5 Pack Energy Development Co. (IPSX) 72007, 72022, 72051, 72046, 72067 – HO Scale
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION :
The unit train concept was pioneered by Ortner Freight Car Co. in 1960 as an effort to streamline bulk cargo unloading. Robert Ortner, developer of the rapid-discharge door system, targeted unloading a train of rapid discharge cars in 30 minutes to an hour. Previously this same task would take four hours or longer. Unit trains shuttle back and forth between mines and power plants eliminating dwell time in yards. The concept has become ubiquitous to the modern railroading scene.
- Removable load
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18”
- Machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Decorated models fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Separately applied wire grab irons on side ladders
- Weighted for trouble-free operation
- Replacement parts available
- All 5-packs come with unique road numbers
Athearn HO Scale
Ortner 5-Bay Rapid Discharge Hopper 5 Pack
Road Name: Energy Development Co. (IPSX)
Road Number: 72007, 72022, 72051, 72046, 72067
Photo may not show actual road number. Please see description above for the road number.
|Dimensions||15 × 11 × 2 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.