The RS-1 was introduced by ALCO in March of 1941 with the delivery of the first of two units to the Rock Island. Combining the accessibility of a switching locomotive and the higher-speed tracking of a road unit, the RS-1 started a revolution in locomotive design that was soon embraced by all of the major diesel-electric builders. Despite ALCO’s own introduction of higher horsepower roadswitchers, the 1,000 h.p. RS-1 had a production span of 19 years (1941-1960) with 623 units.
- Retooled die-cast metal chassis and fine scale handrails
- Golden White LEDs
- DCC/Sound version available with LokSound decoder
- Separately-applied wire grab irons, coupler cut bars, trainline hoses and lift rings
- Accurate painting and printing
- AccuMate® couplers
- Realistic die-cast mainframe
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual-flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lightingNote: Undecorated version comes with both friction bearing and roller bearing truck sideframes
Sound Features for Gold Series:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of six DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Analog (DC) Operation
- The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
- Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series RS-1 locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
- Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the Atlas Gold Series RS-1) CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
THIS IS AN UNDECORATED MODEL, IMAGE IS FOR REFERENCE OF BODY STYLE ONLY