The Dash 2 locomotive series, unveiled by EMD in 1972, featured significant changes, such as a solid-state, modular electrical control system and improved engine components designed to increase traction and reduce exhaust emissions. A reliable work-horse, the GP38-2 remains one of the most successful locomotives ever built. Most are still in service today.
Atlas 10003608 – EMD GP38-2 w/ DCC & Sound GATX Rail Locomotive Group (GMTX) 2346 – HO Scale
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
- NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC
- The same drive as our basic Master Series™, in an affordable locomotive
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
- Separately applied hand rails and end railings
- Locating dimples for grab irons
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Realistic die-cast underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate® Couplers
- As with our Master Series™ GP-38, this model features either a 2,600 or 3,600 gallon fuel tank, depending on the prototype.
DCC OPERATION FEATURES:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of six DCC function outputs are available
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
ANALOG (DC) OPERATION FEATURES:
- The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
- Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the Atlas Gold Series GP38-2) CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a DCC layout.)
- Silver Sound Ready™
Atlas Silver Sound Ready models are equipped with a speaker for easy conversion to sound with the addition of a decoder.
SOUND FUNCTIONALITY FEATURES (Gold Models
with ESU “Essential Sound”):
- 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
- 14, 28, 128 speed steps
- Dual mode DC and DCC
- 4 air horns changeable by CVs
- 2 bells changeable by CVs
- Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
- Dynamic brake
Atlas HO Scale
Road Name: GATX Rail Locomotive Group (GMTX)
Road Number: 2346
Photo may not show actual road number . Please see description for actual road number