Tiphook PLC was a United Kingdom headquartered transport services company, registered on the London and New York stock markets, which became the world’s second largest marine container leasing business in the 1990s. The Company was once a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. After a debt-fuelled buying spree in the late 1980s, it crashed in the early 1990s after accounting changes brought about by its expansion into North America brought about a technical and then actual default in its debt. It’s containers were bought by Transamerica. Transamerica sold to become TAL, who later merged with TITON. It is a convoluted history, with TIPHOOK containers remaining in their scheme for many years after changing owners.
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40′ open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20′ containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.
Jacksonville Terminal Co N Scale
Tiphook 20′ Standard Height Containers with Magnetic System – Corrugated-side
Photo may not show actual road number . Please see description for actual road number