During its beginnings, Amtrak inherited its passenger cars from other railroads. Old, steam heated and in dire need of upgrades, Amtrak set out to replace these cars in 1973 with the purchase of the first Amfleet cars from Budd. This initial batch of 492 cars were the Amfleet I – with a door and vestibule on either end (unlike their single-doored successor), these cars fell into a few different varieties but essentially broke down into coach and dinette variants. These cars with their Phase I colors are ideal for pairing up with your new Phase I or Phase II SDP40F or with Kato’s still-available Amtrak GG1 (available in two road numbers!).
This set is a four pack of Amfleet I cars in Amtrak’s original paint scheme.
- 1 x Amfleet I Coach Amtrak Phase I #21116
- 1 x Amfleet I Coach Amtrak Phase I #21214
- 1 x Amfleet I Coach Amtrak Phase I #21253
- 1 x Amfleet I Cafe Amtrak Phase I #20030
- 7 Slot bookcase that can be used to hold the base set along with an additional two Amfleet cars and a single locomotive such as the EMD SDP40F or Amtrak GG1
Kato N Scale
EMD SDP40F Amfleet I Bundle Train-Only Set and Storage Box
Road Name: Amtrak (AMTK)
Photo may not show actual road number . Please see description for actual road number