New York Central
Road Number 2825
This 78’ heavyweight paired-window coach car is painted in the two-tone post-war gray scheme and runs on 6-wheel passenger trucks. Built in the early 1920s by the Standard Steel Car Company and originally painted in “Pacemaker Green,” these commuter coaches were often seen throughout the NYC system. In 1953 they were rebuilt and equipped with air conditioning, repainted into the NYC two-tone gray paint scheme and served through the late 1960’s.