The prototypes for Walthers Cornerstone State Line Farm Supply offer farm implements, repair services and more. During the steam era, many of these businesses received machinery by rail in boxcars or on flatcars; the pieces were usually unloaded at a nearby trackside ramp. In the modern era, as urban areas crept further outward, these buildings found new occupants like auto dealers, mechanics, garden centers and more, in distinctly suburban areas. This versatile barrel-roofed building features a detailed, decorative brick facade and garage doors – perfect for any auto or equipment dealer needing work space. Also included are a trackside unloading ramp and oil and fuel tanks. The two supplied rear walls allow you a choice of large doors or windows, and decals with a variety of business names make customizing easy!
Drive through any town (or suburb) today and you’ll still see plenty of similar structures, so State Line Farm Supply will look at home on your post-1920s layout.
- Perfect for your layout’s rural towns or modern suburbs
- Customize with either of two different rear walls
- Includes trackside unloading ramp
- Realistic decal signs for several businesses
- Fits steam or diesel eras
- Easy-to-build plastic kit
- Molded in appropriate base colors plus clear glazing
The finished structures measure:
Building: 7-1/4 x 5-3/8 x 3″ Ramp: 7-7/8 x 2 x 5/8″ Fuel Tank: 1-1/8 x 1 x 1-5/8″ Heating Oil Tank: 7/8 x 3/8 x 3/4″